One of the great things about my Beachbody programs is the Shakeology as part of the meal plan. Once a day you replace a meal or snack with a shake and it is my healthiest,quickest and yummiest meal of the day! Full of over 70 natural ingredients and MANY benefits.
- Increase in Energy
- Reduced Cravings
- helps in weight loss
- FEEL healthier
- Hair looks healthier
and those are just the results I have had with it!!
Now I know there are MANY ways to drink this but I’m going to share my current 3 favourite simple recipes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1/2 Banana ( you can use frozen if you like)
- 5-6 Ice cubes (depending on how slushy you like your shake)
- 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 teaspoon of Natural Peanut Butter
Mix it up in the blender and enjoy!!!
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk
- 5-6 Ice Cubes (depending on how slushy you like your shake)
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology
- 1/8 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract (be careful with this as “less is more”)
Mix it up and enjoy! This one is perfect when your craving those Girl Guide Thin Mints or at Christmas when my family brings out After Eights my favourite chocolate!!
- 5-6 Ice Cubes (depending how slushy you like your shake)
- 1 Cup of CHILLED Chai Tea
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology
- Splash of Almond Milk (optional)
Mix it up and Enjoy! This one is perfect for those mornings when you need that EXTRA energy boost, IF you don’t use Decaf of course!=)
**Just a note I did not create these recipes, these are just the ones I have TRIED and enjoyed! **
How do you drink YOUR Shakeology? Or if you don’t drink Shakeology what are some of your favourite shakes? Comment below and let me know! I’m always up for new recipes!!
Well I thought I would come by and do a quick post for Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme put on by the Broke and the Bookish. Not sure If I will participate every week but this week looked like fun! =)
Top Ten Books on my Winter TBR (In NO particular order)
- The Count of Monte Cristo- by Alexandre Dumas: This is a BEAST of a book at a whopping 1,462 pages! I’m reading it for my F2F classics book club so I KNOW it will get read but it will probably take me all winter. I’m looking forward to it though!
- Shadow of the Wind- By Carlos Ruiz Zafon: Okay, seriously, I own this book and have been wanting to read it for a LONG time! I need to get this one off my TBR! I’ve heard it is an awesome book so not sure what is taking me so long….
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: J. K Rowling: I only started reading these books this year. I was really enjoying them but for some reason I stopped at book #5.
- If I Stay- by Gayle Forman: I enjoy YA every once in awhile and I heard this book and movie are good.
- Watership Down- by Richard Adams: Again, been on my TBR for awhile and would help with my TBR challenge on Goodreads.
- The Woman Who Stole My Life- by Marian Keyes: I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway (my first) so I definitely want to get this one read soon!
- Magic Hour- by Kristin Hannah: Kristin Hannah is one of my favourite authors and I’m slowly making my way through all her books. She has a new one coming out in the new year but I don’t think I can wait that long! =)
- In the Afterlight- by Alexandra Bracken: I’ve been waiting for the conclusion to this series FOREVER! I might have it read before the winter though if it comes in from the library soon.
- The Secret History of the Pink Carnation– by Lauren Willig: I have renewed this book from the library SO many times! I just need to read it! I’ve heard this is a great Historical series but it is a pretty long won. I think there are about 11 books so far. I look forward to trying them out!
- Narrow Road to the Deep North: This book looks fantastic! Also it won the Man Booker Prize for Fiction (2014). I have definitely been wanting to read more of these.
And….just because I am horrible with lists and can’t keep it to just 10 I have a couple more books for IF I finish the ones above…
1. A Storm of Swords – by George R. R Martin: Yup, another big book, but I hear this is the best one in the series so I would really like to get it read before I forget everything that happens in the other books.
2. Meant to be Mine – by Becky Wade: Again, another book I own and haven’t read. I noticed going through my list I don’t have any quick contemporary romances so I needed to add this one. I’m a mood reader so this one might be perfect if that is what I am in the mood for.
3. My True Love Gave to Me – by Various Authors: Looks like another quick read, Christmas themed, so would be great to read in the winter.
That is what is on my Winter TBR, but I’ll be honest it is VERY likely to change! What is on yours??
So it is Sunday afternoon, my boys are downstairs with their dad so I thought this would be a perfect time to write a blog post. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to write and then it hit me. Oh yes, my before and after pictures….*shudder* When I originally took these pictures I was never planning on sharing them. They were just going to be for me so I could see how far I had come in my fitness journey. Now though I see how important it is to share them. You can tell people about a workout program, how great you feel and how you have lost weight BUT unless they actually SEE it they probably won’t believe.
So what is PiYo?
PiYo is an at home exercise program that mixes Pilates and Yoga and amps up the speed. Although you do lots of stretching you don’t hold the stretches, your moving and burning calories while stretching. It’s fast paced but low impact. There is also a modifier on every workout so if you are suffering from an injury, not as flexible, or just had a rough day you can still get your sweat on! Now of course exercise is only part of the program, the other half is the meal plan, and seriously it is the easiest meal plan to follow! It gives you tons of options and then you just mix and match to create some yummy and creative (or simple if you are like me) meals. And of course one meal is taken care of with your delicious shake of the day.
Okay so I’ve talked enough about the program now you probably want to know if the program works right? Well here are my pictures and you can decide that for yourself….
In my 60 days of PiYo I lost 1.5lbs ( I know doesn’t seem like that much) BUT I lost 2.25 inches on my waist and 1 inch from my hips, not to mention I gained muscle in my arms and legs. I’m also going to be 100% honest with you and tell you that once a week I had a free DAY, not just one free meal. If I had stuck to just one free meal I KNOW my results would have been even better. That was the choice I made though and all in all I’m pretty happy with my results. The pictures don’t lie, I definitely had some changes and my hard work paid off!
am I done? Heck no! This was just the first chapter I have many more to go. But I’m here to tell you that seriously if I can do this ANYONE can do it. I was the girl who ate junk food everyday and never exercised. All it takes is some determination, commitment and the willingness to change! YOU have to want this! Nobody else can do it for you!!
If you are ready to make some changes and are tired of giving yourself excuses please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org We can chat about your fitness goals. I would love to help you reach them!! =) YOU can do this!! All it takes is the desire to change!
Who would think that drinking 7 glasses of water a day would be my biggest challenge while starting my exercise programs? Not me! Exercising everyday? Eating clean and avoiding that junk food? Yup, I for sure thought those would be the hardest, but no, it is the water….
Why? I’m not really sure. It is easily accessible, turn on the tap and there it is! It isn’t that I don’t try. I have a water bottle with me everywhere I go. Always sitting beside me, I carry it from room to room, but somehow I just forget to actually DRINK from it. *sigh* I’m not a huge fan of the taste, and I have tried fruit-infused water but it is just not my cup of tea. Hmmm.. speaking of tea now THAT I could easily drink at least 3 or 4 cups of a day, which is probably why I’m having troubles with drinking all my water……
I know all the benefits of water which you would think would encourage me even more to drink it, but somehow I still seem to end up at least a couple glasses short on a daily basis.
I’ve read all the tips
- Drink a glass of water first thing when you wake up
- Drink a glass of water every time you walk into the kitchen
- Drink a glass of water before your meals
- Instead of setting down an empty glass, refill it right away
- Carry a water bottle that you love
- Track how much water you are drinking. Check off each glass so it feels like an accomplishment
- Eat something spicy
and the list goes on and on. All great tips but somehow not sinking in for me. SO I have decided that enough is enough! If I can do the 21 Day Fix and eat healthier I CAN drink my daily 7 glasses of water. So starting today for a whole week (need to start out small until it becomes a habit) I am going to make sure I drink my water. I’m writing it on here because I know it will make me more accountable even if I am the only one reading it 🙂
I’ve got my water bottle filled, my app downloaded (yes there is an app for tracking water, I am going to try “Water Your Body”) and I am ready to go!!! Wish me luck, and feel free to ask me during the week how I am doing! =)
How about you? Do you get all your water in? What are some of your tips? Please share I would LOVE to know!!
Well it is another Friday, and sadly I’m reading the same books as last week. *sigh* I will continue reading Rebecca and Leaving Time this weekend.
As a Beachbody Coach they really stress the importance of personal development, not only do we concentrate on our health and nutrition but they also want us to concentrate on ourselves! I love that!! I started reading The Slight Edge today upon recommendation and was hooked from the first chapter.
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be-Ralph Waldo Emerson“
The first chapter was so inspiring talking about how we have control over our life and what we make of it. We CAN be a success and we have all the tools to make it happen. CONSISTENCY is the key! Can’t wait to read a little from this book!! =)
What are some books that inspire you?
Just a short post today but I will be back this weekend with something for the Fitness category!
So, obviously from the name of this blog, you have figured out that I like to read. For my first book related post I thought it would be fun to do a Friday/weekend reads and a top 10 list. I know in the blogging community “Top 10 Tuesday” is pretty popular so maybe I will jump on that bandwagon at some point. =)
These are the two books I hope to make a dent in this weekend. I’ve only just started the Jodi Picoult one, and I am 240 pages into Rebecca and enjoying it so far. =)
What are you reading this weekend?
Now for my list….
TOP TEN BOOKS I HAVE READ IN 2014 ( in no particular order)
- A Heart Revealed by Julie Lessman
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
- Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers
- Eyes Wide Open by Ted Dekker
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
So there you have it! I’ve read 57 books so far this year, and these are my top 10. There is still some time left though maybe, just maybe, one of these will get bumped off the list. I doubt it though! =)
What are YOUR top books you have read in 2014??? I would love to know!
I have never really had to worry about weight. I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted, never exercise, and I was still pretty ok with my shape. Then the babies came, and turning the big 3-0, and I come to realize that my body just didn’t work the same as it used to. I was starting to feel VERY self- conscious about my body and would wear loose clothing to hide my “muffin top”. I started doing my regular Pilates exercises, but they were pretty easy and not giving me any results.
*AND THEN CAME PIYO*
I had never heard of Beachbody programs, but a friend from church always had stuff on her Facebook about this PiYo program she was doing and it looked like lots of fun. PiYo is basically half Pilates, half Yoga, but more fast pace and more intense. I started this program Sept 15 and it has COMPLETELY changed me. Not only am I loving the workouts, but it has made me do a complete 180 when it comes to my eating. No longer am I having my usual snack of Pepsi and a chocolate bar in the afternoon. ( Yes, I DID do this, but sometimes I would have chips just to mix things up a little) *hangs head in shame* But now I will reach for carrots and hummus, or an apple with peanut butter dip. The meal plan for PiYo is super easy to follow and has made me obsessed with finding healthy recipes for our family. My family was a frozen pizza at least once or twice a week type of family. Now we are more like chicken, brown rice, and veggies.=)
Those pictures up there are me working my butt off during my PiYo Sweat workout, and that yummy drink at the bottom is my daily Shakeology which is delicious and gives me more energy then I ever thought possible with 2 boys running around.
PiYo has done so much more for me, but that will have to be in another post, as my little one needs to be fed and I have ran out of “mommy time” =)