Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
This week is new-to-me authors I read in 2014. Well looking at my Good reads list. I found that I have not read THAT many new authors this year. Of the new authors I have read I’ve only read one of their books so it is kind of hard to say they are a “favourite”…..but I will give it my best shot.
Ten Eight New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014: (no particular order)
2. Jojo Moyes: I read her book Me Before You on Valentines day, although not really a “Valentines” read it was such a great book, not your typical chick-lit. I’ve only read this book by her, but have added many of her other books to my TBR.
4. Graeme Simsion: I have read both of this author’s fiction books this year The Rosie Project and The Rosie Effect, and loved them both. I actually think I liked The Rosie Effect the best. You can check out my short review of it HERE.
5. Anthony Doerr: I’ve only read All the Light We Cannot See but it one of the best books I have read this year so he had to make my list. I don’t think I know anyone who has read this book and disliked it.
6. Kazuo Ishiguro: Never Let Me Go has been on my TBR for a LONG time, not to mention I owned it, and I FINALLY got around to reading it this year. The story was so captivating! I have added The Remains of the Day to my TBR and hope to get to it this coming year.
7. Neal Shusterman: Someone recommended me Unwind in a challenge group so I decided to pick it up and was NOT disappointed. I haven’t got back into this unique dystopian world yet, but I definitely want to. Looks like it will be a great YA series.
8. V.E Schwab or Victoria Schwab: Vicious is the only hardback book I bought last year AND paid full price for. That is how excited I was to read it and our library didn’t have a copy. It was a great purchase though! I loved the book and look forward to her upcoming book A Darker Shade of Magic. I have never read her YA novels either, but I hear they are also quite good!
Well there you have it! What are some of your top new authors you read this year? I’m always looking for recommendations so please comment below and let me know!! =)