Well I thought I would come by and do a quick post for Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme put on by the Broke and the Bookish. Not sure If I will participate every week but this week looked like fun! =)
Top Ten Books on my Winter TBR (In NO particular order)
- The Count of Monte Cristo- by Alexandre Dumas: This is a BEAST of a book at a whopping 1,462 pages! I’m reading it for my F2F classics book club so I KNOW it will get read but it will probably take me all winter. I’m looking forward to it though!
- Shadow of the Wind- By Carlos Ruiz Zafon: Okay, seriously, I own this book and have been wanting to read it for a LONG time! I need to get this one off my TBR! I’ve heard it is an awesome book so not sure what is taking me so long….
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: J. K Rowling: I only started reading these books this year. I was really enjoying them but for some reason I stopped at book #5.
- If I Stay- by Gayle Forman: I enjoy YA every once in awhile and I heard this book and movie are good.
- Watership Down- by Richard Adams: Again, been on my TBR for awhile and would help with my TBR challenge on Goodreads.
- The Woman Who Stole My Life- by Marian Keyes: I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway (my first) so I definitely want to get this one read soon!
- Magic Hour- by Kristin Hannah: Kristin Hannah is one of my favourite authors and I’m slowly making my way through all her books. She has a new one coming out in the new year but I don’t think I can wait that long! =)
- In the Afterlight- by Alexandra Bracken: I’ve been waiting for the conclusion to this series FOREVER! I might have it read before the winter though if it comes in from the library soon.
- The Secret History of the Pink Carnation– by Lauren Willig: I have renewed this book from the library SO many times! I just need to read it! I’ve heard this is a great Historical series but it is a pretty long won. I think there are about 11 books so far. I look forward to trying them out!
- Narrow Road to the Deep North: This book looks fantastic! Also it won the Man Booker Prize for Fiction (2014). I have definitely been wanting to read more of these.
And….just because I am horrible with lists and can’t keep it to just 10 I have a couple more books for IF I finish the ones above…
1. A Storm of Swords – by George R. R Martin: Yup, another big book, but I hear this is the best one in the series so I would really like to get it read before I forget everything that happens in the other books.
2. Meant to be Mine – by Becky Wade: Again, another book I own and haven’t read. I noticed going through my list I don’t have any quick contemporary romances so I needed to add this one. I’m a mood reader so this one might be perfect if that is what I am in the mood for.
3. My True Love Gave to Me – by Various Authors: Looks like another quick read, Christmas themed, so would be great to read in the winter.
That is what is on my Winter TBR, but I’ll be honest it is VERY likely to change! What is on yours??